Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Other Life

By the time you read this, I will be on an airplane going to Phoenix, AZ for the Tour de Scottsdale.  In the non-wargaming part of my life I am a bike racer and I participate in all the things that go along with that: waking up earlier on the weekends than on weekdays to train for 4 hours, controlling my diet down to the calorie, shaving my legs, wearing skin-tight lycra, and spending enough money on bike upgrades to make buying a pro-painted 40k army look cheap.  How expensive?  You could buy a decent used car for the price of my time trial bike and race wheels.  My cycling shoes cost $400.00.  Not many of even the most shopping addicted girls can say they own a $400 pair of shoes.  Remember, more money than sense.

Anyway, it suffices to say I treat cycling as what the internet would call "serious business."  I'll be out of town until late Monday, so posting will be minimal until then.  I promise to have some goodies for you when I get back, though.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck. See my post on Sunday on the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to know what kind of TT bike you have...oh and good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete