Monday, March 21, 2011

40k Hobby Super Secret Project

I haven't mentioned it yet on here, but I am starting Grey Knights.  My Templars are finished essentially, as I have the painted models to make literally any build in the codex.  I love Templars, but frankly, I'm tired of the 4th Edition book.  Even post FAQ, I am just bored of making it work.  I still plan on playing Templars at any tournaments I go to for the rest of the year since I know the book inside out, but I'll be working on Grey Knights in the meantime and hopefully the competitive builds will be fleshed out by the time I have working force.

So why GK and not something else?  Tyranids have interested me for a long time, but starting a 2k-2.5k Nid force would be like $500 if I did it cheaply.  But luckily I own all the Rhinos and Razorbacks and Dreadnoughts I could ever want.  So all I need to actually buy are GK infantry.  So starting them is cheap.  The other reason is, the models are kick ass looking and relatively easy and fun to paint.

Remember a few weeks back when I showed the forgeworld auto-cannon arms?  When I (like everyone else) realized how awesome psyfleman dreads are I caught all the inspiration I needed.  Without further adieu,  here are my assembled and painted GK psyflemen.














Pretty simple forumla I'll use for the rest of the army when I get it going.  Dry brush boltgun metal, badab black wash, boltgun metal first highlight, mithral silver second highlight and skull white final highlight.  I think they came out pretty good, I'm stoked for my GK's to come in and to brainstorm list ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good. It's a simple but effective method, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent- I want to start Grey Knights too. As does everyone. They're the perfect 'on the side' army, since the model count is so low, and the models are (like you said) so kick-ass.

    That being said, I'm a little concerned at what the big tournaments are going to look like this summer- will there be 50% grey knights players? Or just 25%? I know at Adepticon there was like 33% Imperial Guard, lol. One thing's for sure- if you want to be able to win a tournament, you need a good gameplan against Grey Knights.

    ReplyDelete