Monday, February 7, 2011

A post completely devoid of meaningful content

Hey all.  It was a busy weekend for me, and I did nothing hobby related.  I drove to Gainesville Friday night, got two hours of sleep and raced Saturday morning.  I got a good night's sleep after the race and was back at the race Sunday morning.  I left Gainesville after lunch and had a long ride home, followed by dinner and the Superbowl. 

I got some bad news in that Fantasy 'Ard Boyz Prelims will be held during a weekend when I'll be out of town for a wedding.  I was really hoping to make the Semis in Fantasy and 40k this year a major competitive goal, but it looks like that won't be happening.  We'll see how it goes, I'm trying to convince the LGS to do the tournament on the Sunday rather than Saturday, but the owner said he will only do that is 100% of the participants agree.  Fat chance of that happening.  Hopefully Adepticon goes well, so I can at least have one decent Fantasy result for the year.

On the 40k side, I made a pretty big bitz order along with some magnets.  I should be able to make any combination of Rhinos, Razorbacks, and Predators.  If I have enough magnets left, I'm going to magnetize my land speeders so I can switch between Typhoons and MM/HF.  Should be some fun modeling projects upcoming.  I'm hoping to have my 'Ard Boyz 40k list more or less together and painted by May, which would give me the time to playtest and make changes in time for the Prelims.

Tomorrow I should be back in the swing of things with posts with some actual content.  Adios.

2 comments:

  1. So... when *is* fantasy/40k 'Ard boyz this year? I couldn't find it on the GW site.

    Bummer to hear you can't make it- winning the semis is a heckofalot of prize support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been told fantasy 'ard boyz is in april, semis in may, finals june. 40k is july/august/september.

    ReplyDelete