Wednesday, February 23, 2011

40k Hobby: Look What Came In The Mail For Me...

I've wanted these for a long time.  I finally pulled the trigger.  Kinda dumb since I have a huge backlog of modeling projects ahead of this in line, but it's nice to know I have them.






Tough to see?





3x Rifleman dreads coming to a table top near me.
________________________________________________________________

In other news, I got to spend some time with the new Orcs and Goblins book.  I will tentatively say that they will be about the same on the power spectrum as before.  This is good, because I rated them highly before.  When I get a copy I can analyze in depth I'll post a full review.  But for now, I'll say that they have good troops and plenty of warmachines still.  Stay tuned.

By the way, this BoLS article is total fucking bull shit.  The author contradicts himself saying the book has a couple of good GT builds and plenty of fun builds, but is neither competitive or fun.  How's that work?.  I don't know who this clown is, but I have less than no respect for his poorly written opinion.  Maybe he is a non-comped six time GT winner, maybe he is Big Red's internet BFF.  I don't give a crap.  The guy doesn't make a cogent argument, and the article is so far below the editorial standards of that site that Big Red should be ashamed.

4 comments:

  1. Ha,ha I was pretty sure you were going to have something to say for that BOLS article. I think there is a huge difference between how O&G should be played under 7th edition rules and 8th and somepeople haven't realised that yet. Still haven't played many games with them for 8th edition to get the hang of it but I couldn't be bothered since I've heard the new army book is coming out. Have fun with your new toys :) I'm really waiting for your analysis on the new O&G armybook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although they are sort of expensive I think my Twin Linked Autocannon arms are one of my favourite hobby purchases. They really look great and if you don't have too much trouble getting the barrels straight and parallel they're easy to use too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that article, and it definitely didn't say anything much. BoLS needs to be approached as a site that is good for news/rumors, and every once in a blue moon a good article. Otherwise... I don't really read it.

    /shrug

    Should be interesting to see what Orks and Goblins can do in the new book. Did they get rid of the squabbling, or whatever that rule is called?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Animosity isn't nearly as bad now. Instead of rolling a 1 and fucking your day up. Now you have to roll two 1's to fuck your day up. So much rarer.

    ReplyDelete